The team work in partnership with colleagues at district and borough councils, Notts County Council and other public and voluntary bodies. This enables the development of sustainable services, facilities and amenities for the benefit of rural residents and businesses.
This year our Rural Officers have:
- Helped 65 community groups across Nottinghamshire to receive £320,000 through supporting the submission of funding applications.
- Given funding advice, access to professional services support and general running advice to 53 Village Halls and sent out a quarterly newsletter, ‘Hall Talk’.
- Provided general support to 82 community groups across Nottinghamshire.
- Direct support has been provided to 23 Parish Council’s across Nottinghamshire.
- Assisted with the development of three Community Led Plans (CLP) that sets out a VISION of how a community wants to develop and identifies the ACTION needed to achieve this.
- Worked in partnership with the Planning Departments to undertake two Neighbourhood Plans, which gives communities the opportunity to direct and influence the development of their areas through creating plans and policies.
- Continued to support the Big Lottery funded project in the Langold, Costhorpe and Carlton areas by providing community development support.
- RCAN continue to operate as the Local Trusted Organisation for the LCC Big Local Project and is therefore responsible for financial management and governance of a £1million lottery grant for the development of the community plan over a 10-year period.
“Very professional service, the workers are sensitive to the needs of the people it supports and an excellent partner to share ideas with.”
“When I ask for something to be done or help and advice it happens quickly and to a high quality.”
Jenny Kirkwood, Delivery and Development Manager
Telephone 01623 727600